A rich and exciting history
Marigna Castle's remarkable legacy!
The first castle, known as High-Castel, was probably built between the 11th and 12th centuries by the Counts of Chalon, attached to the Duchy of Burgundy. It was destroyed and restored several times.
“Poly, Sire of Marigna, acknowledges to hold the Marigna Castle in fief of Renaud of Burgundy” In the 13th century, the Lordship of Marigna belonged to the Châlons Jean the Ancient.
- 1572 - A crime at the Castle
- 1572 - The Loft and the Chapel
- 1572 - The village of Marigna
- 1590 - The tower fire